F.I.R.E. Retiree's Captain George Baker Scholarship
Criteria for Award:
1. Student is enrolled at St. Louis Community College.
2. Student must have a GED or high school diploma.
3. Student has financial need as determined by the STLCC Student Financial Aid office.
4. Student has summited a FASFA to the Student Financial Aid Office.
5. Student has a 2.5 cumulative GPA and is in good academic standing
6. Preference will be given to Students who are between the ages of 18 and 28 years old.
7. Preference will be given to Students who are representatives of an underserved population.
8. Students must be pursing an Emergency Medical Technician Certificate of Specialization.
9. Student will compose an essay on the topic ‘Why to you want to be an Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) and what are your career goals?’
10. Student must agree to obtain/maintain a CPR license.
11. Student must agree to provide twenty hours of community service to the F.I.R.E. Retiree’s.
12. Student will agree to sign up as a member of the www.iabpffrecruit.com.
13. Student will submit a Thank You note to the donor if selected as a recipient.
- $500.00 per student
- Supplemental Questions
- Please submit a 200-500 word essay outlining "Why you want to be an Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) and what are your career goals."
- Are you willing to give 20 hours of community service to the F.I.R.E. Retiree's?
- Are you willing to sigh up as a member of the www.iabpffrecruit.com?