Allied Health Scholarship for Students of Arab Heritage
Criteria for Award:
1. Student is enrolled in St. Louis Community College.
2. Student has financial need as determined by the STLCC Student Financial Aid office.
3. Student has summited a FASFA to the Student Financial Aid Office.
4. Student has a 3.0 cumulative GPA and be in good academic standing.
5. Student will submit a Thank You note to the donor if selected as a recipient.
5. Student is pursuing an AAS degree in: Nursing, Radiology Technician, Respiratory Therapy, Surgical Technology, Diagnostic Medical Sonography, Funeral Service, Occupational Therapy Assistant, Physical Therapist Assistant, Clinical Laboratory Technology, Dental Assisting, Dental Hygiene, Emergency Medical Technology, or Paramedic Technology.
6. Student will compose an essay of 500 words on the topic ‘How the student’s Arab heritage enables them to be an effective health care professional, especially in assisting others of Arab descent.’
7. Preference will be given to students who are fluent in Arabic.